Updated: Jun 12
Let us introduce ourselves if you haven't heard of The Story Of Moira. Egle Sakalauskaite developed the thoughtfully crafted brand as a response to better and more sustainable necessities for the bathroom.
Shaya Honar jumped on board in 2020 after having PT sessions with Egle. Both immediately clicked and it was clear that working together on this project, that they will achieve higher goals by making a difference on this planet.
Sustainibility is taking in consideration the effects our living habits have on our Mother Earth. We must not forget that we are visitors here and there are future generations yet to come. Global warming is a huge issue, the climate around the world has already seen major change, more natural disaster, impacted ozone layer and not to mention the plastic pollution killing wildlife in our oceans and polluting beaches, the coral reef is dying. What we want to propose to you are simple questions like, can you do better? We can all do better in my opinion ... but firstly we must KNOW better. With this blog this is exactly what Egle and Shaya want to do, raise awareness to help you make smarter choices and chat about sustainability. We know it may seem like a huge task but we can only have a huge impact and help the Earth if we all stick together and start to put it into practice.
What are some key points for us to consider?
When buying try to stay away from plastic as much as possible, if we reduce the demand for plastic and demand for more eco friendly material alternative. The market simply meets what is in demand. So if we demand all packaging to be eco friendly, the market will have to meet our needs as a buyers.
Coming back to The Story Of Moira, we all want to make a change in life by reducing plastic, but HOW?
We have listed 5 items below for you, where you can start at home.
Each item will increase your grooming experience and make room for a lovely bathroom pic.
1. Are you looking to make your dental routine more environmentally friendly? Brushing your teeth is probably something that a lot of us haven't thought about making more sustainable, but it's always possible to get a great clean and take more natural care of those lovely teeth! With about 264 million toothbrushes thrown away every year alone, it's important to turn to a biodegradable one. Did you know that every toothbrush you've ever used is still on this planet, unless it's bamboo! Brush responsibly with our bamboo toothbrushes. Our medium bristles & branded bamboo toothbrushes are an eco friendly alternative to your average plastic toothbrush, made from sustainable bamboo with white bristles. Finest Mao Bamboo and BPA-free and on top its vegan.
2. Today, more consumers are worried about the possible negative impact each household could have on our beautiful planet Earth. Environmentalists urge every individual to commit to using less disposable products, including facial pads for cosmetics and skincare that are thrown away after only one use. Instead, shifting to buying only reusable cotton pads is a quick and easy solution. Our bamboo/cotton reusable pads are perfect for your day to day use. These fabulous pads are perfect for removing make-up and cleaning your face. Our Moira make-up pads are washable and reusable, there will be no more single-use disposables in your bathroom. We are offering a pack of 16 round washable make-up pads. There are 12 x soft bamboo velvet pads (for everyday cleansing and make-up removal) and 4 x 'scrub' bamboo terry pads (great for deep cleansing and waterproof make-up removal). These come also with a 100% cotton wash bag.
3. You are probably thinking what is a Konjac sponge? On Instagram, you may have seen them or even read about them on the Elle beauty blog. As the sponge itself is hard in needs to be placed in warm water for a few minutes first before you can use it. After it has been in touch with water the Konjac sponge becomes soft and delicate enough to be used directly on the skin. The sponges are made of the root of a Konjac plant that traditionally grows in East Asia and has been used to help clean babies, back in the days. These sponges can be infused with so many other ingredients. We offer citrus fruit, pink clay, green tea, charcoal and white Konjac sponges.
4. Did you know your regular dental floss is only waxed nylon, wrapped up in a little plastic packet? Nylon is made from crude oil, much like rubber. It take "only" between 50 and 80 years to decompose. Our Moira Eco Biodegradable Floss is made from Beeswax and has a minty flavour. It is packed in a reusable glass jar, making it the perfect addition to your daily oral care routine. Flossing helps prevent tooth decay and gum disease and should be an important part of your day to day routine. The floss is coated with a mint flavouring and lightly lubricated bees wax, ensuring your flossing experience is as smooth and pleasant as possible. Our spool is 30M in length - 98 ft. Very easy to use, comfortable and soothing to your gums.
5. How many of us take our toothbrush with us on travel? Most of us do, unless we forget to take it with us. It happens to most of us that we just chuck the toothbrush into our bag or wrap it around a hand towel. Well let us tell you that you do not need to worry about that anymore. Our Bamboo toothbrush cases are an eco-friendly alternative, to your plastic toothbrush case or NO case at all. Because bamboo is a natural plant, fully biodegradable, it is a renewable and sustainable resource.
We also always ship plastic-free with compostable, recyclable materials. The Story Of Moira is all about lowering your waste at home.
Shop our guide here